Sandroyd offers a wide range of musical opportunities, encouraging all children to make and enjoy music, whatever their ability.
Weekly class music lessons begin in the Nursery and run through to Year 8. The aim is to develop a broad range of musical and life skills through enjoyment and participation in a wide variety of musical activities.
FREE INSTRUMENT TRIALS
At Sandroyd we aim to give every child the opportunity to learn an instrument or singing at some stage during their time here. Aside from learning about instruments in class music, we are keen to encourage children to try out different instruments in order to find the one that suits them best. Because every child is an individual and therefore develops at a different rate, we have decided to offer this Free Term Trial not just in Year 4, as before, but in any Year from Year 2 to Year 8.
As piano, singing, drumming and guitar are already very popular and well known instruments, the free term trial will not be available for these. However, we can offer trial lessons on a paid basis on these instruments for a term, without penalty if they do not continue after this period, to see if it suits the child before committing to regular termly paid lessons. This does, however, depend on the teacher in question having space in their pupil list for this, and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- Each child is entitled to one term’s free lessons to trial one of the following instruments:
Violin, cello, mini double bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, alto sax, trumpet, French horn, trombone, euphonium, bagpipes
- Lessons will take place on a weekly rotational timetable.
- The term’s notice usually required to stop lessons does not apply to pupils whilst on this trial scheme.
- Whilst there will be no charge for lessons during the trial, any instrument hire will be recharged at cost on the end of term bill.
- Instruments hired from the school MUST be covered for all risks on the parents’ own insurance during term-time and holidays for the duration of use and any loss or damage will be recharged to parents during the trial period.